Friday 14 January 2011

Felted jumpers

I am busy this week preparing projects for a patchwork class I am starting next week in a local Church Hall. Its very exciting to start something completely new.
I've also been experimenting with felting. Late last year I went to a felt making class. We made felt from wool tops, and after a little bit of work we made beautiful little bags. I'm really taken with feltmaking. I don't think it will replace patchwork with me, but it's nice to do something a little different occasionally.Anyway, recently I gathered up a few old wool jumpers and put them through a really hot machine wash...of course I got minature jumpers! (Although there were a couple of pure wool cardigans that didn't shrink at all, you just never know what you'll get out)

I cut the sleeves off, then trimmed off the seams..

now I'm all set to make a patchwork felt handbag..
I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment