Saturday 9 February 2013

Queen Bee for February!

It's my turn this month to be 'Queen Bee' for the Modern Irish Bee.
I came across a tutorial for this block on the blog Sophie Junction, which I thought was a great take on a traditional 9 patch block.


I took the plunge and cut into my treasured stash
of 'Chicopee' by Denyse Schmidt.
Her new range 'Shelbourne Falls' has just hit the online shops and I'm really tempted - all those plaids...
 
Here's a few more Bee blocks I've made lately-
first up, is a disappearing nine patch for Collette in the Hipbees.

Flying Geese for Di, another Hipbee, which I returned to her in
super quick time. (Because usually I'm last!)
And finally. some scrappy triangles for Fi, in the Modern Irish Bee.
Just goes to show, that no matter how small the scrap of fabric is,
there's always a use for it!

10 comments:

  1. wow, you have been busy with your bee blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to getting cutting tomorrow and sewing up your block...If I can be put my knitting down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been living under a rock and didn't know there was another new line from Denyse Schmidt! I've been led astray and have just ordered it :) Thanks for the heads up. Your blocks look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeutiful blocks. Thanks for mine. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good article,Thank you
    For sofa repair service contact thesofastore they gives
    Best Sofa Repair Services in Kundalahalli,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely well-written article. It was an awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative
    For Astrological service contact Shri Durga astro center,They gives
    Best Astrologer in Rajajinagar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog. Nice explanation with helpful information.
    Please look here at
    Best Astrologer in Kolar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing such detailed information.
    For Vashikaran Astrologer in Koppal. Contact us.

    ReplyDelete